The remote mount CompactIQ proportional brake controller gives you greater control over your braking, on and off road.
The remote function dial and LED indicator can be mounted in a spare switch panel rather than through the main dashboard or centre console. Leaving the brake controller out of sight and out of the way behind the vehicle’s dashboard - with only the dial and indicator visible.
The Output Control Dial has two functions. It lets you set the minimum braking force of the trailer (otherwise known as the ‘Boost’ – a unique feature) and provides an override function for additional braking power on the trailer when required. The over-ride force can be set by the user and is activated by pressing and holding the Output Control Dial.
The “Boost” feature gives users the ability to apply more or less braking power when necessary. By adjusting the Boost on the Output Control Dial, users can choose the minimum amount of braking force to apply when the brake pedal is first pressed. For heavier caravans and trailers more Boost can be used for greater braking control. This feature is unique to the CompactIQ as a remote mounted brake control unit.
The LED indicator shows the various states of the braking system through the use of different colours. It also confirms successful installation. Green indicates the system is connected and operating correctly. Red indicates that the system is active and applying the trailer’s brakes. A flashing red light means there is a connection fault.
- Remote mounted controls.
- Brake controller unit is concealed behind the dash.
- Electrical brake control for 1, 2, or 3 trailer axles.
- SmartClick™ compatibility offers Plug and Play installation allowing a quick and easy connection to any SmartClick™ Brake Control Harness and Hayman Reese Towbar Wiring.
- Includes a “Boost” feature that gives users the ability to set minimum braking power and control over your braking, on and off road.
- LED indicator showing the status of the braking system.
- 3-year warranty.
- Fully compatible with Electronic Stability Control (ESC) and Dexter Sway Control (DSC) systems